Saturday, December 17, 2011

CATASTROPHE IS INEVITABLE




Who would have thought that this kind of disaster will ever hit the majestic city of waterfalls, ILIGAN city? In my 24 years of living, I have never heard of ILIGAN city being mentioned in STORM SIGNAL #2. Although during hard rainy days, floods do occur occasionally.


On the same night, few hours before the typhoon strikes my hometown, I have already known that there was a typhoon upcoming, but I didn't bother much because my place was not known to be typhoon-prone area. The next morning, I was awaken by the bad news, that many homes were flushed out by the strong current of flood. Buildings, roads and bridges were wrecked and some paralyzed the normal transportation. The city was covered by mud and other debris. At least 250 people died and hundreds are missing and death toll continues to increase.


Many told me that it was the worst calamity that ever struck the city.


But, there is an important lesson to be learned here. Isn't it that this calamity is just Mother nature's wrath on us people? What have caused the poor drainage system in the area? Who is at fault why our rivers are clogged? Why does the soil from the mountain got eroded? Well, I guess, you know what I mean here so lets start to make an act and do our responsibilities as a citizen in this world.


Let us all pray for the souls of the casualties and their family to recover soon and to all people affected. God will help us. Lets do our part!

Other Links:
CNN News Update:
Al-Jazeera Update
Arabnews Update:

A/N: Disclaimer: Photos used in this blog is not mine, I just copied it from different people on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment